It’s the Lon Las Cymru’s 20th Birthday in 2015 and to celebrate, Wheely Wonderful Cycling has launched a new cycling holiday along the whole length of this Welsh National Cycle Route.
This iconic cycle route crosses the whole of Wild Wales; two national parks and three mountain ranges, which is a challenge for any cyclist.
Wheely Wonderful Cycling’s route planning, luggage moving and fantastic accommodation make this a pleasure, whether cyclists take 8 or 10 days to complete the challenge.
The holiday organisation also includes the all-important transport to Anglesey and return from Chepstow at the end of the holiday, the difficulty of organising this, is usually what prevents people from starting out on the ride.
Kay Dartnell says “We’ve been selling cycling holidays along the Mid Wales section of the Lon Las Cymru since its launch, but in the last couple of years there has been a surge of interest in really challenging cycling holidays - so we decided that Lon Las‘s birthday was an ideal opportunity to launch our new holiday - a challenge; but all the organisation & logistics sorted by us.... you just need to provide the
The Lon Las Cymru stretches from the Isle of Anglesey to the Severn Sea at Chepstow. It is part of the Welsh National Cycle route and is one of the most challenging routes in the UK. It shows you the very best of the Welsh countryside; fabulous castles and beaches and of course its rural heart – market towns, historic farmsteads, forests & moorland & grand churches.
The views are out of this world. Which also means that it has some tough climbs on the route. Anyone who has done any cycle touring before knows that this often brings the biggest rewards on a tour. Apart from the hills there are also many easier sections – off road & alongside rivers.
Wheely Wonderful Cycling’s Lon Las Cymru End to End cycling holiday can be completed in:
10 days (£1140), 8 days (£950) or 6 days (£780).
Full details are on www.wheelywonderfulcycling.co.uk
Contact Kay Dartnell 01568 770755 email@example.com
Fast Facts about Lon Las Cymru
• Launched in 1995
• Lon Las Cymru means “Wales Green Lane”
• 250 - 280 miles – from Holyhead, to end in either Chepstow or Cardiff
• Over 20,000 feet of ascent
• Over 100 miles of off road tracks
• Lon Las Cymru accounts for about 25% of the Welsh National Cycle Network – total Welsh network is used by 29 million cyclists & Walkers each year
• Set up by Sustrans charity as a Millennium project, funding by the National Lottery & Welsh government
• Crosses two National Parks and three mountain ranges, & the source of major rivers such as Severn & Wye
• Welsh Cultural heritage at its best - Machynlleth - Owain Glyndwr, Anglesey - cromlechs, Welsh hill farms, Welsh language - Hay on Wye - Home of Lloyd George - welsh mining tradition - from slate to coal
• Seven major castles - Criccieth, Caernarfon, Harlech, Chepstow, Beaumaris, Castell coch, Cardiff
• Welsh steam engines - Welsh highlands railway, Ffestiniog, Tal y llyn, Brecon Mountain Railway
• Wildlife & nature - Red Kite spectacles, Ospreys, Dark Skies
Wheely Wonderful Cycling | firstname.lastname@example.org | Kay Dartnell 01568 770755