Over 9 glorious days in spring the great gardens of North Wales will be coming together to host a Festival of exciting, fascinating and entertaining garden events and activities.
Every morning, afternoon and evening of May 28 – June 5 2016 AND May 27 – June 4 2017 during the festival there will be at least one special event happening in at least one of the gardens. So there will be more than 27 unique garden events spread over the 9 days.
The Gardens wil include:
Plas Tan y Bwlch
Conwy Valley Maze
Plas yn Rhiw
Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT)
Crug Farm Plants.
More gardens to be announced.
The events will include:
• Behind the scenes guided tours
• Meet the Head Gardener (or owner) walks
• Gardening workshops – how to prune, plant, propagate, garden with shrubs etc.
• Musical concerts
• Garden visits by vintage steam train
• Open-air plays
• Historical re-enactments
• Gardening inspired lectures
• Photographic workshops
• Children’s trails
• Art and sculpture exhibitions
• ‘What’s that plant’ walks
• From garden to kitchen. How to grow and use your own plants
• Garden inspired poetry & prose
• Gardeners’ Question Times
• Competitions with prizes
• Plant sales
• Themed garden lunches……….. and much, much more
The Festival dates deliberately coincide with late-spring flowering displays, which will include rhododendrons, azaleas, magnolias, tulips and flowering cherries, making this one of the best times of year to visit the great gardens of North Wales. For a day, a weekend, mid-week break, or for the whole Festival period, we guarantee the Festival will be one of the highlights of your gardening year.
For more information, photographs and interviews please email Tony Russell, telephone 01766 771164 or visit their website.
You can view their brochure here.
You may also like:
Gardens of Wales Itineraries
North Wales Itineraries